Monday, March 9, 2009

Ombama?


Please. More like Ombnoxious.

Saw this sign in the Lululemon window in Beverly Hills several weeks ago, not long after the inauguration, and wanted to gag. Seriously? Gimme a break! Like Obama is the new source of peace and happy thoughts. And to actually see his election as something worthy of a cross-branding opportunity...? “Unbelievable” is the word that came out of my mouth as I stood outside and snapped this pic. Now I think it's just plain weird.


I was back in Beverly Hills a few weeks later and noticed the sign had been removed. Not sure if it was just because enough time had passed, or because they were feeling a little self-conscious with such high praise of the new pres hanging in the window of their swanky Beverly Hills retail space, while retailers everywhere (including Beverly Hills) are dropping like flies. Perhaps the fact that the stock market plunges another 200 points every time the man they are “om-ing” to opens his mouth made them rethink how much peace he’s actually the source of.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Amen!

About us said...

Hahaha! I agree! Obama craze is everywhere, apparently even while doing yoga! I'm glad they realized that their obsession was going to far and took it down.

Miriam Oh Painter said...

ha! you made me laugh! nice.