Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Straight-Up Hong Kong

 Mmmmm.  Just look at that air quality.  There's a reason many residents wear white masks everywhere they go.


The Hubs had to go to Hong Kong a few weeks ago for work 
and asked if I wanted to come along. 
Duh.

I didn’t even know what to do with that city.  It’s not like any place I’ve ever been before. So many people occupying so few square feet. I mean, I’d heard, you know—
how they ran out of space on the ground, so they just went up. And up and up. 
 And up.  

But I didn't know. Until I'd seen it with my own eyeballs, I just didn't know.

It was a quick trip, but we managed to fit a few things in.



We went up to The Peak for what we'd heard was the best view of the city. 

 
  
We went to the temple. We were asked to be the witness couple, which was funny,
considering the session was in Cantonese. Not a big deal. Until the prayer….  
And then...well...and then it's too late, isn't it?


We took the escalators up to the Mid-levels.


 And then we had dinner and walked around SoHo taking pictures. 
That was our favorite night.

 

We went to church. Which was not in Cantonese, even though the sign is.


We ate some pretty legit Chinese food, although deciphering the menu was no small task.

And we just enjoyed seeing another part of this amazing world we live in.

Good times, they were.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Nice trip! What fun opportunities for travel you're having.

khill said...

I love that view from the Peak! Hong Kong is such a cool place. Looks like quite an adventure!